Monday, April 12, 2010

Proof of Kingdom Life

Today I wanted to talk a little about our salvation in Jesus Christ. The other day I was talking to my 15 year old daughter, Kati.  We were discussing salvation and what it means.  The reason we were talking about this subject is because she was just wanting some confirmation about her salvation.  Kati was saved at a young age and really doesn't remember a lot about it.  I say that to also say this, we have taught our children about God and Jesus since they were born, not to make a decision for them but to teach them just as God said in Dueteronomy 6.  We talked about a few things but one thing really stood out and we went to Matthew 7:13-23.  In this chapter Jesus is talking about entering through the narrow gate to life because the wide gate leads to destruction. That means the majority of the world is going through the wide gate.

When we skipped down to verse 22, Kati and I talked about how Jesus said "not everyone who says to me Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of Heaven but he who does the will of My Father who is in Heaven will enter."  He went on to tell what these people were doing, they were prophesying, casting out demons, and performing miracles in His name.  But yet they still did not get into Heaven.  Why? Jesus said "I never knew you."  Because they didn't have a RELATIONSHIP with Jesus Christ. It wasn't because they didn't say a prayer at one time or another or someone lead them in the "sinner's prayer" and it certainly wasn't because they weren't doing for the Lord or the church.   It was because they didn't spend time with the Lord, they didn't get to know Him.  I know you have heard this a million times, but you can't have a best friend unless you get to know that person.  You can't have a good marriage until you spend time with your spouse.

I said all of that to say.  It's all about the relationship.  I told Kati that I saw fruit in her life.  It's not all about remembering when she said a prayer of forgiveness.  I see in her a follower of Christ.  When she puts down the computer, cell phone and TV for 40 days to spend time in the word, I see fruit and Proof of Kingdom Life.

I challenge you to show fruit in your life.  Remember its not about what you do at church, work, what T-shirt you where, or whats on your license plate.  DO YOU HAVE A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS?