Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Work is Picking Up

When we returned to the US after our time in Brazil, we had no job, no home, nothing to come back to. We weren't sure what we would do or where we would end up. In looking for a job, we wanted to keep ourselves "liquid" in an effort to be ready to go wherever God wants us to go. So, as of October 1st, we bought a lawn care company. As you know the end of the year isn't the best time to think that you will have work to do when lawn care is your job, but springtime is and it is definitely picking up!

Right now my crew is mainly myself, and occasionally Keri, Kati, or Preston. I have a few others that I can call on, but haven't really had the freedom to hire anyone since we haven't had enough work, but things are looking up. My hope is that I can get busy enough to pick up a young college student or even high school student for the summer but I am not there yet.

This has so far been a real learning experience just as any new business venture. God is teaching me many things through all of this and the biggest thing is that He is in control of my life and this business. I have to tell myself this every night before I go to bed!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Paul